BlueSnap — The Better Stripe Alternative for the Globally Minded Business
While Stripe seems like a simple solution for a payment processor, sometimes that simplicity is the challenge.
The simplicity of Stripe isn’t a good match for growing or mid- to large-size businesses, particularly when it comes to cross-border sales. With 57% of shoppers making a cross-border purchase in the last 6 months, it’s imperative to be able to successfully sell around the globe.
One of the best available alternatives to Stripe is BlueSnap. BlueSnap’s All-in-One Payment Platform offers the same simplicity and ease of use as Stripe, but with advanced global support features and a host of other payment processing capabilities that actually help accelerate sales, including:
- One contract, one account, one integration, one payout, one dashboard.
- The ability to sell across multiple channels with one account: online, mobile, marketplaces, subscriptions, invoices, and virtual terminal.
- Support for more than 100 payment types, including popular eWallets.
- Built-in, world-class fraud prevention technology from Kount.
- Built-in risk management tools from Chargebacks911, Verifi, and Ethoca.
- Streamlined reporting and reconciliation via one account.
- Hundreds of connections with popular platforms and shopping carts (so you don’t have to leave the one you’re with)
- White-glove dedicated support with lots of ways to get in touch.
So if you’re in search of Stripe alternatives, start by learning more about BlueSnap. Check out the comparison below for a breakdown of payment processing features.
Why BlueSnap Is a Better Alternative to Stripe for Your Business
|Countries Supported for Businesses||239 countries/territories||43|
|Acquiring Banks for Local Payment Processing||30+ globally, included with your merchant account to increase transaction approval rates worldwide||A single bank connection. Additional banks available but require additional work|
|Intelligent Payment Routing||Yes — contributing up to a 6% increase in sales||No|
|# Of Currencies Accepted||100+||135+|
|# Of Payment Types Accepted||110+||22|
|Supported eWallets||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Click to Pay, PayPal, Masterpass, Visa Checkout, Skrill, Alipay||Apple Pay, Alipay, Google Pay, Click to Pay, GrabPay, Microsoft Pay|
BlueSnap helps you make more successful transactions around the world because:
- We use a global network of more than 30 banks to increase every transaction’s chances of success. Cross-border transactions can experience up to 20% more declines due to the challenges posed by using an out-of-country acquiring bank. But with BlueSnap, no matter where your shoppers are in the world, our intelligent payment routing engine sends each transaction to the bank most likely to approve it.
- We use intelligent payment routing technology to increase transaction approval rates. This means increased sales as transactions are intelligently routed to the local banks through proprietary technology, and reduced cross-border fees as transactions are presented to a local bank. (With Stripe you will have multiple accounts – one for the US and one for the EU. You will have to build the logic to route transactions to the appropriate account to achieve higher approvals and lower costs.)
- We provide advanced failover logic. BlueSnap automatically fails over transactions to other acquiring banks, increasing your overall sales up to 6%. (Stripe only has one acquiring bank in the US and EU. You will have to contract with another payment provider, integrate to that payment provider and then develop failover logic to route transactions to the secondary payment provider.)
- We accept more than 100 currencies, which helps your customers everywhere know exactly how much they’ll be paying. This also makes foreign transactions more likely to be approved by the acquiring bank.
- We support more than 110 payment methods so you can offer your customers the method of payment they’re used to. That includes eWallets and the most popular payment methods everywhere in the world — like SEPA Direct Debit in Europe, AliPay in China, a variety of local cards in Latin America, and more! (Up to 13% of your global shoppers are likely to abandon the transaction if they don’t see their preferred payment method.)
User Experience & Integration
|Integration Methods/Options||API, Hosted payment fields, Localized hosted checkout, Platform plug-ins, SDKs in multiple languages, In-app payments||API, Checkout form, Platform plug-ins, SDKs, In-app payments|
|Additional Ways to Accept Payments||Marketplaces, Subscriptions, Invoice Payments, Virtual Terminal||Marketplaces, Subscriptions, Invoice Payments|
|# Of Languages||29||27|
|Integration Partners||100+ integrations||100+ integrations|
Our integration options help you to remove friction from the checkout experience by giving you:
- The ability to connect with 100+ popular business platforms and shopping carts, so you don’t have to change your existing solution.
- A robust RESTful API that gives developers the flexibility to design your ideal checkout experience and the tools to do it quickly and easily. To shorten development time even further, we have SDKs in multiple languages and for mobile platforms.
- The ability to design mobile-optimized checkout pages in a secure payment environment. Plus, you can maximize conversions by accepting all the most popular eWallets.
- The ability to communicate with customers in 29 languages compared to Stripe’s 27. (Remember: 75 percent of shoppers prefer not to make a purchase decision unless the site is presented in their native language—that’s why BlueSnap is one of the best Stripe alternatives around.)
Built into BlueSnap’s Platform is the ability to offer multiple ways to accept payments. Simply connect once and enable additional ways to pay as you expand into new markets or sales channels. Our features include the following:
- Marketplace payments is a multi-party payment solution that allows you to set up and manage a platform where other vendors can sell goods and services. We make it easy for you to onboard new vendors and adjust commission splits on the fly.
- Invoice payments lets you give customers a convenient payment experience even without a website. Customers can quickly pay invoices on a customized payment page we generate and secure.
- Virtual terminal allows you to take manual orders over the phone or via a secure payment link. You can accept credit/debit cards and ACH payments, and even set up recurring payments for subscriptions.
|Recurring Payments||Yes, plus a full subscription engine for more complex requirements.||Yes|
BlueSnap offers recurring payment capabilities plus a full subscription engine for more complex requirements. Our features:
- Include Account Updater, which automatically updates your shoppers’ subscription payment information so you don’t lose sales when their cards expire or change.
- Allow you to accept alternative payments with subscription billing. Let your customers pay for subscriptions using wire transfers, purchase orders, and e-checks if they like.
- Automatically retry subscription purchases several times during a grace period to maximize customer conversion globally.
Fraud Protection, Chargebacks, Pricing
|Real-Time Fraud Detection||Yes. We partner with Kount to provide industry-leading fraud prevention built into our platform.||Yes — a homegrown solution.|
|Chargeback Management & Disputes||Yes. We partner with Chargebacks911 to provide the tools to help dispute chargebacks.||Yes — a limited, manual homegrown solution.|
|Pre-Chargeback Alerts||Yes. We provide a complete pre-chargeback alert service that includes Verifi and Ethoca alerts.||No|
|Tokenization & Vaulting||Yes||Yes|
|PCI Compliance||PCI Level 1||PCI Level 1|
|Rate||2.75% for US merchants (Visa/Mastercard); 1.25% to 4.9% for merchants outside the US (rate varies by country)||2.9% for U.S. credit and debit cards; 3.9% for international cards (plus a 1% conversion fee for differing charge/payout currencies).|
|Per Transaction Fee||no more than $0.30||$0.30|
We provide the most extensive built-in fraud and risk management solution to protect your revenue and give you a say over how much fraud protection your business really needs. The platform comes with a full-stack fraud solution built-in from Kount, Chargebacks911, Verifi and Ethoca, and CardinalCommerce for 3-D Secure. To help minimize your fraud risk we offer:
- Three levels of enhanced fraud protection services, consisting of:
- Leaving complete oversight of fraud management to us
- Creating customizable thresholds for key fraud variables
- Enabling your in-house fraud agents with enterprise Kount
- Chargebacks911 fully manages chargebacks to protect businesses against invalid disputes and friendly fraud, with the goal of recovering lost revenue, reducing risk and protecting your bottom line
- Ethoca & Verifi – Verifi CDRN and Ethoca Alerts can stop chargebacks before they happen and can prevent up to 40% of fraud and non-fraud related chargebacks so businesses can keep more sales.
- 3-D Secure from CardinalCommerce – BlueSnap supports Cardinal Consumer Authentication, which leverages 3-D Secure, with all the major card programs, to authenticate Card-Not-Present transactions behind the scenes for a friction-free consumer experience. This lets businesses implement an additional layer of protection and comply with any regional or card type requirements or mandates.
- Tokenization and vaulting add an extra layer of protection to every transaction.
- PCI level 1 compliance, or for merchants that host their own order pages and use BlueSnap APIs, free enrollment in a PCI security program through Security Metrics.
|Reporting||Sales intelligence, payment conversion reporting, and consolidated reconciliation for all payment types and currencies. A mobile app gives you 24/7 access to data. A reporting API to pull the data into the systems you already use.||Additional fee for Sigma to get sales intelligence, conversion reports, and reconciliation.|
|Customer Support||Global team with call-in support, email support, live chat, implementation support||Online resources, email support, and live chat|
|Developer Support||A Developer Hub and a dedicated account management team||Stripe.com/docs, limited account management|
Our high-level support for merchants makes us an especially strong Stripe alternative. We offer:
- Support staff available around the world. We are always ready to assist you with your payment gateway and merchant account questions. Contact us by phone, email, or live chat.
- Developer documentation that’s among the best in the business. Our Developer Hub provides code samples, a simple sandbox testing tool (no account needed!), and a place for developers to ask questions and get answers.
- Sophisticated reporting and analytics capabilities that let you deep-dive into your payment data and help you boost conversions. Plus, you get 24/7 access to data with our mobile app.
Ready to upgrade your payment solution? Contact us! We’d love to help your business boost its revenue.