Considering PayPal as your company’s payment processor? It may be a household name, but that’s partly the reason why it isn’t the best choice for your business.
PayPal offers both consumer and merchant payment services; as a result, sometimes PayPal must choose between serving merchant processing needs or the needs of the consumer. Unfortunately for you, PayPal’s main interests lie in consumer services, but what’s best for consumers isn’t always best for merchants. That means you’ll miss out on some crucial payment processing features that could help increase your sales.
BlueSnap is a PayPal alternative that has those powerful features required for sophisticated payment processing. Increasing sales and reducing costs is our sole focus, and innovation is important to us — that’s why you’ll always have access to the latest payment technology. As a BlueSnap merchant, you’ll:
- Get instant global scale in a single account, eliminating the need for multiple accounts or processors and reducing development costs.
- Benefit from 100+ local currencies and 100+ payment methods so you can sell in over 230 regions with local card acquiring in 47 countries.
- Integrate directly to BlueSnap’s API and start processing payments immediately.
- Benefit from unified reporting, world-class fraud & chargeback prevention technology, and more value-added services built-in.
- Have a dedicated support team that will work with you one-on-one.
Why BlueSnap Is the Better Alternative to PayPal
|Countries Supported for Businesses
|Acquiring Banks for Local Payment Processing
|Local card acquiring in 47 countries, plus a global network of high-quality banks for failover and redundancy
|A single bank based on your home region
|Intelligent Payment Routing
|Yes — contributing up to a 6% increase in sales
|# Of Currencies Accepted
|# Of Payment Types Accepted
|Apple Pay, Google Pay, Click to Pay, PayPal, Masterpass, Skrill, Alipay
|PayPal and Venmo only
BlueSnap helps you make more successful transactions around the world because:
- Through a single connection to BlueSnap, you’re automatically connected to a global network of banks to improve authorization rates and reduce costs, while offering failover and redundancy. And with our Intelligent Payment Routing, transactions are automatically routed for the highest likelihood of approval.
- With 100+ payment types and 100+ currencies accepted in over 230 regions, we reduce checkout abandonment by letting your customers pay in a trusted and preferred way.
- Our platform strategically supports failover and redundancy. With our network of high-quality banks, if one declines a transaction, we automatically route it to another for approval. This means more sales for you and a better checkout experience for your customers.
Read more about our global payments features and how they help increase global sales.
User Experience & Integration
|API, Hosted payment fields, Localized hosted checkout, Platform plug-ins, SDKs in multiple languages, In-app payments
|API, Checkout Form, Platform plug-ins, SDKs in 6 languages, In-app payments
|Additional Ways to Accept Payments
|Marketplaces, Subscriptions, Invoice Payments, Virtual Terminal
|Installment payments, Invoicing, POS
|# Of Languages
Our integration options make it easy for you to remove friction from the checkout experience by giving you:
- The ability to connect with 110+ popular eCommerce platforms, so you don’t have to change your existing solution.
- A robust Payment API that gives developers the flexibility and speed to design your ideal checkout experience. To shorten development time even further, we have SDKs in multiple languages and for mobile platforms.
- The ability to design mobile-optimized checkout pages in a secure payment environment. Plus, you can maximize conversions by accepting all the most popular mobile wallets.
- Communicate with customers in 29 languages, compared to PayPal’s 13. (Seventy-five percent of shoppers prefer not to make a purchase decision unless the site is presented in their native language.)
BlueSnap’s Global Payment Orchestration Platform offers multiple ways to accept payments. Whether you’re developing a marketplace, setting up a subscription or invoice service, or taking manual orders, we have you covered. Through a single connection, you can provide customers with multiple payment options and allow for your business to easily expand into new markets and regions. Our features include:
- BlueSnap’s Marketplaces functionality enables you to create an online business leveraging multiple vendors that can offer products and services for you to sell around the globe.
- Invoicing & Billing digitalizes the entire AR workflow. Our tools are designed to reduce your DSO, boost productivity, improve the customer experience and enhance your ability to plan for your business’s future.
- Virtual terminal allows you to quickly start processing electronic payments to help you take payments by mail, email or phone. You can get paid faster while increasing customer satisfaction. You can even store payment information for future charges and avoid late payments.
Security & Compliance
|Yes. We partner with Kount to provide industry-leading fraud prevention built into our platform.
|Yes — a homegrown solution. $10 monthly fee for advanced fraud protection.
|Yes. We provide a variety of tools to help identify fraudulent activity, and to prevent, dispute and win chargebacks.
|PCI Level 1
|PCI Level 1
|Tokenization & Vaulting
Together with our partner Kount, we do everything possible to protect your revenue and give you a say over how much fraud protection your business really needs. With Kount, you benefit from their entire network and the related learnings, rather than being restricted by the transactions of one payment processor.
To help minimize your fraud risk, we offer:
- Three levels of enhanced fraud protection services, consisting of leaving complete oversight of fraud management to us, creating customizable thresholds for key fraud variables, or enabling your in-house fraud agents with enterprise Kount
- Tokenization and vaulting add an extra layer of protection to every transaction.
- PCI level 1 compliance; or, for merchants who host their own order pages and use BlueSnap APIs, free enrollment in a PCI security program through Security Metrics.
|Yes, plus a full subscription engine for more complex requirements.
|Yes, but limited
|ACH, cards, mobile wallets, PayPal, and SEPA Direct Debit, and more.
|Cards & PayPal only
|Yes, for shoppers who need to initiate a payment
With one integration to BlueSnap, you receive recurring payment capabilities plus a full subscription engine for more complex requirements — something you won’t find with PayPal. Our features:
- Include Account Updater, which automatically updates your shoppers’ subscription payment information so you don’t lose sales when their cards expire or change.
- Allow you to accept alternative payment options with subscription billing. Let your customers pay for subscriptions using wire transfers, purchase orders, and e-checks if they like.
- Automatically retry subscription purchases several times during a grace period to maximize customer conversion globally.
|Sales intelligence, payment conversion reporting and consolidated reconciliation for all payment types and currencies. A mobile app gives you 24/7 access to data
|Sales intelligence, conversion reports, and reconciliation for cards and PayPal only
|Global team with call-in support, email support, live chat, implementation support
|Global team with call-in and email support
|A Developer Hub and a dedicated account management team
|PayPal support docs
We pride ourselves on our high-level support for merchants, especially:
- We are always available and ready to assist you with your payment gateway and merchant account questions. Contact us by phone, email or live chat. This is in comparison to PayPal, where you are one of 10 million+ merchants, often left to fight for attention.
- Developer Hub provides code samples, a simple sandbox testing tool (no account needed), and a place for developers to ask questions and get answers.
- Our sophisticated reporting and analytics capabilities let you deep-dive into your payment data and help you boost conversions. Plus, you get 24/7 access to data with our mobile app.
Want to hear more about why BlueSnap is the strongest alternative to PayPal? Contact us! We’d love to help your business reach its full potential by getting the most out of payments.