BlueSnap HR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
v1.0 June 2023
As a Job Applicant within the BlueSnap global group of companies (BlueSnap Inc.), we recognize that privacy is part of your expectation, and this policy sets out how BlueSnap Inc. and its subsidiaries treat your personal data.
BlueSnap is committed to maintaining the principles of transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
Categories of Information Collected
BlueSnap may collect, process and store to the extent that it is relevant and permitted under your local law “Personal Information” on you, and as required, your relevant family/dependents, such as:
Identification data: name, marital name, first name, gender, date and place of birth, nationalities, contact information, emergency contact details, passport/ID card numbers, driving license details, photos;
Labor data: work permit number, social security/national insurance number, disability information, special benefit rights (if relevant);
Family status: marital status, names and dates of birth of spouse/partner, children, dependents, insurance and pension information;
Transportation data: relevant information relating to means of transport for reimbursement or contribution to travelling expenses, transportation cards, vehicle expenses, pertinent driving record information, etc.;
Extracts of police/military records, credit checks: where necessary and local law permits for relevant security clearances, fiduciary checks;
Career and education: diplomas, degrees, training certificates, foreign languages, CVs, continuing education programs, educational courses;
Job records: employment agreement details, hire date, termination date, division, department, reporting structure, employee number, job titles, work information, job description, work phone and email, work hour records, absence records (sick leave, special leave, maternity/parental leave, vacation records, overtime hours, annual performance evaluations, etc.);
Use of information systems: BlueSnap monitors use of its computer devices and networks to prevent data leaks and threats from third parties.
Video surveillance and access card control data: in accordance with industry and PCI standards, BlueSnap is required to provide video surveillance systems in certain BlueSnap premises;
Any other personal information that BlueSnap requires to manage the employment relationship or that you have supplied to us or agreed to have BlueSnap check or be provided with when applying for a position or change of position, including assessment reports from previous employers, employment agencies, background checks and reports. Certain senior positions and international appointments and directorships may involve the disclosure, review and storage of employee and family financial records and interests, shareholdings, etc., both within and outside the local jurisdiction of employment. When required by local law, collection and storage of such Personal Information is subject to your express prior consent.
Purposes of Collection
Personal Information is collected, processed, and stored by BlueSnap including, without limitation, for the following purposes:
- To check qualifications, suitability for employment
- Job application management and review
- For international mobility – visa requirements, etc.
- To provide services to employees – meal programs, transportation payments, etc.
- Stock unit plans/employee share allocations
- Performance management
- Security management, surveillance and access monitoring
- Resources management
- Staff training programs
- Staff award and recognition programs
- Services to customers – customer service solutions
- Disclosure to authorities – in accordance with requests by judicial authorities and/or law enforcement agencies in the context of legal investigations, disclosure subject to local law in respect of BlueSnap’s protection of its legal rights or support of any claim, defense or declaration in a matter or before any administrative authority, arbitration or mediation panel, in the context of disciplinary actions/investigations, data breach claims, or of internal or external audit inquiries.
Categories of Third Parties Where Personal Information May Be Shared
BlueSnap may share relevant Personal Information within the BlueSnap group of companies or external recipients such as:
- Service and benefit providers involved in various Human Resources data processing as described above
- Local or other authorities including in connection with public health and safety requirements
- Financial advisers
- Outside counsel, auditors to establish BlueSnap’s legal rights and defend against legal claims
- Business investors in the event of planned company merger or acquisition
- Customers in the course of business activities
BlueSnap may transfer Personal Information within the BlueSnap group to its appropriate data management centers and servers including central processing and storage in the USA, Israel and also BlueSnap’s bona fide service providers for processing and storage of such data.
Certain countries may have levels of protection that differ to those in force in the country where the Personal Information is collected.
BlueSnap may take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with local law requirements to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized access, or disclosure.
Personal Information shall be stored only for the time necessary for the purposes stated in this policy or as permitted by applicable law.
Access and Modification
You have the right to access, update, and correct your Personal Information that BlueSnap has collected subject to requirements of applicable law. For this purpose, you may exercise such rights by contacting your HR Privacy Contact:
Head of Human Resources
Specific Provisions for EU, UK and Israel-Based Applicants
The European Union, UK and Israel have established certain standards of protection regarding the handling of Personal Information relating to persons based in those countries.
BlueSnap’s central Human Resources department is located in the USA with additional resources based in our Israel office. We therefore need to transfer Human Resources data relating to employees based in other countries to the US and Israel. Transfers of data shall be subject to the legal requirements of such countries.
Following the invalidation of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme, BlueSnap’s basis for compliance with the GDPR, UK Data Protection Act 2018 and Israel privacy law with respect to cross-border data transfers to the US is now based on the EEA’s updated Standard Contractual Clauses and the UK’s SCCs Addendum (“SCCs”).
Head of Human Resources
BlueSnap Corporate HQ, 800 South St., Suite 640, Waltham, MA
Tel: +1 (781) 790-5013
Cross-Border and Onwards Transfer
BlueSnap shall ensure that when there are cross-border transfers of Personal Information to third parties, such parties shall be compliant with the applicable legal requirements.
Except when required by local data privacy law or if provided voluntarily, BlueSnap does not collect or process Personal Information relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, data concerning health or sexual preferences.
Sharing of Personal Information
Internal: BlueSnap may share Personal Information only when relevant with the following BlueSnap authorized personnel who need access in the context of their work roles with BlueSnap for the purposes described above:
- Supervisors and line managers, HR department, IT personnel, legal department, financial controllers, and accounting personnel.
External service providers and contractors: BlueSnap may share Personal Information when relevant with third-party providers, such as:
- Payroll administrators, benefits providers and administrators, IT systems providers, financial institutions, pension/retirement plan institutions, insurance agents and insurance companies, consultants and professional advisors;
- Employment or recruitment agencies and placement services;
- Other service providers involved in the provision of services to Job Applicants;
- Training services, customer support services
Local & National Authorities, Regulators, Internal Investigations
- BlueSnap may share information with local and national authorities, regulators and law enforcement
- Tax authorities, social security/national insurance/welfare authorities, judicial authorities, employment/labor or other authorities;
- Independent accountants, auditors, attorneys, corporate security and legal firms;
BlueSnap will obtain your express consent before we use your personal information for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized.
Access and Modification
You have a right to access your Personal Information in accordance with your local laws wherever the data is processed or stored, and you may modify or delete Personal Information that has not been processed in accordance with the SCCs. You can also object to the processing of your Personal Information as described in this Policy provided that you have legitimate reasons to do so.
Additional Statutory Rights – GDPR & UK Data Protection Act
EEA- and UK-based Employees have a number of statutory rights under the General Data Protection Regulation or UK Data Protection Act. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example, where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
Additional Statutory Rights – California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The above legislation provides the additional rights and protections for Applicants based in California as follows as from 1st January 2023;
- Right to know what information is held relating to you
- Right to correct and also the right to delete personal information held by BlueSnap or a BlueSnap service provider (subject to exceptions)
- Right to request that personal data not be sold to third parties (not relevant for BlueSnap at present as data is not sold or transferred for value)
- Right not to be discriminated against for actioning such rights
You may exercise your rights by contacting your HR Privacy Contact:
Head of Human Resources